Sunday, April 23, 2006

Do we really have to work tomorrow?


Strangely, today the sky was sunny in Santa Monica and sullen in Los Feliz. We brought some of the sunshine home from the beach-side farmer's market though, in the form of blood oranges, which J transformed into cocktails. Cheers!

Blood Orange Cosmopolitans for two

juice of 5 medium blood oranges
juice of one lime
2 1/2 shots vodka
splash of triple sec

Mix ingredients in cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake, shake, shake and strain into two glasses. Don't drink too fast.

Thanks to the Babbo Cookbook for inspiration.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, man. I had a blood orange cosmo at SCALO in Albuquerque a few weeks ago - and it was HEAVENLY - yours look just as good. Love your blog. Found you by way of Apartment Therapy: The Kitchen. I think I'm gonna make your Spring Green Tart for my Mother's Day Brunch. YUMMY!

xo,
Lara

Ernest said...

Wow, there is really much useful info here!
site | my website | check