Monday, February 12, 2007

Only 5 Ingredients in Haagen-Dazs

An ice cream craving hit late Saturday night, and coffee Haagan-Dazs was the best my neighborhood Albertson's had to offer. I was pleasantly surprised to discover the short and sweet ingredient list on my container: Cream, Skim Milk, Sugar, Egg Yolks, Coffee. That's it! Sure, one serving still contains nearly 55% of my daily saturated fat intake, but it's all-natural fat, and since I can pronounce every ingredient, foodie guru du jour, Michael Pollan, would give me a gold star (well, maybe silver since it's not locally made).

4 comments:

Fer said...

It is one of my favorite standbys! I noticed the ingredient list too!!

H. C. said...

My fave Haagen Daz is still Swiss Vanilla Almond (vanilla ice cream with chocolate covered almonds) but this is good too...

... at least until my suggested flavor (Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar) makes it to the finalist in the Haagen Daz new flavor contest!

puertas metalicas exterior said...

Thanks so much for your post, pretty useful information.

Edward said...

The thing you're writing is a big blunder.
here | here | check