Friday, May 18, 2007

LA Favorites #9: Kristy Choo, Jin Patisserie

Erin's Kitchen is leaving LA! Before I go, I'm asking Angelenos to share their favorite food spots--east to west, high to low. Want to share your favorites? Email me: erinskitchen [at] gmail [dot] com.

LA Favorites #9: Kristy Choo, pastry chef and owner, Jin Patisserie, my favorite place for tea and treats in Los Angeles.

How long have you lived in LA?
About four years, but before that I usually stayed for about three months each time.

What neighborhood do you call home?
Easy going, friendly and helpful neighbours--chic!! That is Abbot Kinney!!!

Quick--a favorite LA food memory. What's the first one that comes to mind?I love to eat Japanese food and I've realised that there are a lot of good small restaurants in LA that produce great sushi.

What food or drink does LA do best? And where can I find it? Root beer that comes in a black glass bottle but not sure where they are from. Food will be barbeque beef, you can find it at Manpuku in sawtelle.

Top three spots (restaurants, taco stands, stores, bars, etc) I should visit before I leave LA? Just two--Spago for lunch (asian inspired menu) and Tito's Tacos.

palm tree photo by Eric Richardson